A recent Silent Tears Study done in South Carolina points out that:
- One in four girls is affected by sexual abuse, one in six boys are affected, criminal sexual abuse is preventable, victims are 2 to 3 more likely to have alcohol abuse problems,
- Child sexual abuse by relatives, including parents, is no less harmful than that by non-relatives. However, Child Protective Services across the country discount relatives as suspected abusers.
- The primary reason that the public is not sufficiently aware of child sexual abuse as a problem is that 73% of child victims do not tell anyone about the abuse for at least a year. 45% of victims do not tell anyone for at least 5 years. Some never disclose.
- Children who are sexually abused are at significantly greater risk for later posttraumatic stress and other anxiety symptoms, depression
- These psychological problems can lead to significant disruptions in normal development and often have a lasting impact, leading to dysfunction and distress well into adulthood,
- Sexually abused children tended to perform lower on psychometric tests measuring cognitive ability, academic achievement, and memory assessments when compared to same-age non-sexually abused cohorts.
- Sex offenders often have multiple victims. In a study of 561 sex offenders, the men in the study accounted for the sexual abuse of 195,000 children.
- The chance of getting caught for sexually abusing a child is as low as 3%.
- Many sex offenders carefully groom their victims and the families of their victims in an effort to gain the trust of the child and the family.
- Even Governor Haley of South Carolina and Oprah Winfrey were victims of abuse. “It doesn’t matter your background, it doesn’t matter your education, it doesn’t matter the wealth of your family,” Haley said. “Every child is subject to child abuse. And it was a day-care provider that was taking care of me.”
Help save 10 year old Ariana-Leilani from abuse and neglect in Washington DC:
- Suffering lingers beyond years of NT intervention (abc.net.au)
- Effects Of Child Sexual Abuse: Depression And Other Mental Health Conditions (medicaldaily.com)
- Sen. Murphy under investigation for alleged sexual abuse of foster children (azcapitoltimes.com)
- Man allegedly sexually abused stepdaughter for a decade in Lincoln Co. (kmov.com)
- Couple And Husband’s One-time Girlfriend All Charged With Sexually Abusing Four Children Under Their Care (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- New “Shocking” Child Sexual Abuse Case In Melbourne (failedmessiah.typepad.com)
- A Gullah/Geechee Child’s Life at Risk: Saving Ariana-Leilani – Gullah/Geechee Nation (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)
- Question of the Day: Is a Medical Experiment on Ariana-Leilani a Matter of “National Security?” (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)
- On the Air: The Word of Ariana-Leilani’s Call for Help Is Being Heard (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)