President Vladimir Putin on Friday signed a law banning Americans from adopting Russian children. Putin accused the United States of “acting brazenly and arrogantly” by allegedly refusing Russian officials access to adopted children who were reported to be harmed by their new US families.
The USA has done the same with Ariana-Leilani, where the German Government has requested an independent medical and psychological examination and life saving medicine for Ariana-Leilani, but the USA has refused to do so.
Putin cited Israel as an example of a country that does not send its children abroad despite domestic concerns about the security situation there. The Israelis “always fight for their national identity”, said Putin. “They form a single fist and fight for their language and their culture.”
With the United States failing to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, and specifically ignoring 9 year old German-American Ariana-Leilani’s right to health, can you blame Putin?
Tell President Obama to show how the USA can protect children’s rights, sign the petition to get the USA to take action to protect 9 year old Ariana-Leilani.
- US Press Conference Highlights the Case of 9 Year Old Ariana-Leilani Falling Through the Cracks in the USA (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)
- Putin approves ban on Americans adopting Russian children (euronews.com)
- Putin signs anti-US adoptions bill (kfwbam.com)
- Putin signs anti-US adoptions bill (charlotte.news14.com)
- Putin signs ban on US adoptions of Russian children (reuters.com)
- Newtown Massacure Shows The USA Cares More About Gun Owners Rights Than Children’s Rights (dckidsnews.wordpress.com)
- Universal Children’s Day – “No room for complacency to prevent and prohibit crimes against children” (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)
- Kings Counsel (c-span)
- With the USA Failing to Ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Can You Fault Putin? (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)