President Obama courageously stated yesterday that his experience 35 years ago with discrimination were similar to those experienced by Trayvon Martin and other African-American’s like him now. Ariana-Leilani is African-American, and her case highlights the second class treatment of children like her in the District of Columbia. Its time for Ariana-Leilani to get life saving medicine and medical attention that she deserves. Speak up for her, because she is not allowed to speak up for herself:
Make sure she gets the help she needs before it is too late.
- President Obama says that Trayvon Martin ‘Could have been me 35 years ago’ (Video) (examiner.com)
- Barack Obama: ‘Trayvon Martin could have been me, 35 years ago’ (metro.co.uk)
- President Obama: ‘Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago’ (washingtontimes.com)
- Text of President Barack Obama’s statement (miamiherald.com)
- What The Death of Trayvon Martin Means (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)