Listen to these two teenage sisters who were sexually abused by their uncle, a police officer. They finally spoke out after years of abuse and found that it took their life off “pause.”
“In October, 2011, two sisters, ages 14 and 15, came to StoryCorps to remember confiding in each other about being sexually abused.
The girls’ abuser was their uncle and part-time caretaker.
They recorded this conversation just 10 days after he was found guilty of sexual assault. Their names are withheld to respect their privacy.”
Read more: Storycorps Teenage Sexual Abuse
- Innocence in Danger
- 19 Days of Activism
- Modern Day Mengele May Be Experimenting On Daughter In D.C.
- Children Falling Through the Cracks in Ward 3
- Obama Speaks Out On Human Rights: It is Time to Defend Ariana-Leilani’s Rights, too.
- Great Children’s Book: “The Day the Sun Promised to Smile FOREVER!,” Dedicated to Ariana-Leilani
- Sign the Petitions to Come Together
- What The Death of Trayvon Martin Means