Today, 20 November 2013 We Celebrate the 24th year of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
All of the other countries of the world (192 in all) have ratified the convention recognizing that children have rights. the USA is the only developed country left that has not signed that convention and recognized children’s rights.
Even though the USA helped draft the convention and signed it 20 years ago, the USA has reneged on its commitment to the children and the international community by not ratifying the convention.
Isn’t it time to keep the promise to the world’s children who visit and live in the USA to assure that they have recognized rights. Isn’t it time to ratify the UNCRC.
The UNCRC is for all the world’s children.
- The US Must Respect Human Rights, Stop Spying on Its Allies and Sign the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)
- Why won’t America ratify the UN convention on children’s rights? (economist.com)
- Let’s lead way in making children’s rights ‘real’ (scotsman.com)
- Salomone Speaks on Children’s Rights and Educational Policy in a Globalized World (stjlawfaculty.org)
- United States should ratify United Nations treaty on children’s rights (thewellesleynews.com)
- Why is the US so reluctant to sign human rights treaties? (newstatesman.com)
- Buy a Children’s Book, Help Heal a Child – “The Day the Sun Promised to Smile FOREVER!,” (Day 12 of 19 Days of Activism) (arianaleilani.wordpress.com)
- Ensuring the Human Rights of Children (sndatun.wordpress.com)
- ‘Listening to children and young people has never been more important’ (assemblyinbrief.wordpress.com)